2006-09-27

Blu-ray vs HD DVD

If you were not sleeping for the past 5 years :), you know that DVD technology is getting old. However, instead of a one new cool technology that would replace the DVD format, there are two competing technologies: Blu-ray from Sony and HD DVD from Toshiba. And that sucks. It's always bad when there is no single standard, but every company or group comes with their own standards. Unfortunately, these are not just standards on the paper - the players that play those formats have been already released. Toshiba released their HD DVD player, Sony released the Blu-ray disc recorder, and recently Sharp and Panasonic (and probably some others) released Blu-ray home theater systems.

If you are interested about these two new standards, read the following little article: Blu-ray vs HD DVD: State of the Division - this is the best article about these 2 competing formats that I found on the web. What about me personally, I don't want to support any of these two, but after looking at technical characteristics, I think I like Blu-ray from Sony more. [L]

No comments: